Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Taco Salad being served for supper. Wish Parla, Dave and Brighton
could have been here.


 Terry and Abe pitching corn hole against... 

 Christian and Rebecca.




Jackie, Melissa and Autumn watch.
  

Benjamin getting his hair cut.  Looks kind of painful.

 Joyce joined me for a quilt lecture in Roanoke.  We have been  friends since teenagers.

 Kathy shows a quilt she pieced a year ago in my class "Spinning Pinwheels".  I love her bright colors.

I decided to make a miniature quilt for the Virginia Quilt Museum's auction.  I used scrapes from a large quilt and made roughly the same pattern.   First I trimmed down extra diamond blocks from the original quilt.


Not sure if I want to piece something so little.

Sewing funny shaped triangles onto a strip of fabric. And press.

 Trim them into triangles.

Trimmed triangle units.


Piece triangle units in rows.


 Piece the rows into a miniature quilt.  This quilt is called "Over the Sea" made from my large quilt....

..... "Under the Sea"


At Christmas time Parla gave me this flattened bottle.  I think it is such a cute decoration.  It sits in my kitchen window.



Autumn making donuts.  They are so good, especially with a cup of coffee in the morning.


Easter Sunday at Mom and Dads.  The older generation.


The younger generation.

The gals watching the guys playing corn hole.

A. Rosalie's family.

Man talk.

Like daughter like mother.
Brenda - Joy - Kelsey - Pam


I love this picture of Pam and Mom.

3 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful family to be proud of. Your times together look delightful. I like the flat bottle from Autumn. I like your mini quilt, esp. how the grey swirled fabric shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this post mom!!! the pictures are so good :) i sure am missing out on some fun family times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great family times -- so wonderful! I saw this the other day and immediately thought of you and your sisters -- you might enjoy -- http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/simon-beck-snow-art

    ReplyDelete