Saturday, January 7, 2012

My week in Red Lake, Canada


Dave and Parla have been having so much fun with Brighton.  It has been such a blessing being here and seeing this little family flourish.

 


Brighton ready for an excursion.

Mommy giving a bath.



Daddy and Brighton napping.



Tuesday Parla and I went out to buy fabric for a baby quilt.  We both designed the quilt.  Here are the fabrics we picked together.


3 1/2 " squares of all the fabrics.


Fabric pieced letters for the name.


Name, blocks and borders added then positioning and pinning the applique into position.

Ready to be ironed.



Machine appliqueing


Knotting and finishing up on Thursday.


Grandma and Brighton.


Parla, Brighton, and I went on an afternoon drive.  Leaving land and entering  the ice road. A new experience for me.



We stopped by the house Dave and Parla bought to see how Dave was getting along.



This week Dave knocked out the wall between the living room and kitchen and added a new back door. He also rebuilt the stairway and began framing up 2 closets.



I enjoyed the newly installed fireplace...an addition which was definitely needed for this northern country.




I leave tonight  to fly home.  What a wonderful time I have had with Dave, Parla and Brighton!  Can't wait to see them in two weeks over Benjamin's and Melissa's  wedding. 

To get a 20% discount on my book "Simply Triangles" call (540-828-6815) or email
(tbcline7@gmail.com) me  and say you saw this discount on my blog.

5 comments:

  1. Barbara!!! The quilt is absolutely beautiful!!!! Talk about not your ordinary baby quilt!!! Of course, it's for a beautiful and extraordinary grandbaby, right?!! What a wonderful time you must have had. Have a safe trip back to VA! I'm glad you'll get to see them all soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you and Brighton with her quilt is just precious. I love all three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures showing God's marvelous blessings! I'm happy you got to make the trip and get to know little Brighton. He will enjoy his quilt. I can still remember the excitement of my FIRST grandchild. All six are special, and now there are two great-grandsons.
    Martha Ginn

    ReplyDelete
  4. January has been a full month for you - being in Canada and then preparing for a wedding. Can it be only 2 weeks away? I had better get my sewing retreat ducks in a row! The baby quilt is darling. I love seeing Parla being a mommy and you a granny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So special! What a lovely keepsake the quilt will be made by her Grandma! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete